DIY - POM POM SHORTS
As an avid Thrift shopper, I always tend to find the dopest vintage pattern pants, the problem, they are always too short! With Coachella coming up, I wanted to incorporate a fun pattern short into one of my looks, and well, these pants seems perfect for the occasion. Below you will find a quick tutorial on how you can turn any long pant into shorts with an added pom pom trim.
If you are only looking into revamping old shorts, just skip a few steps and you will be all set. Happy crafting!
- Pants or Shorts
- Pom pom trim (available at fabric or craft stores)
- Double Stick Fusible Web
- Wear the pants inside out and use a sharpie or fabric pen to mark how short you’d link your shorts to be.
- Take the pants off and draw, then cut a diagonal line, starting from the inseam, about 2″ or more from the crotch, and ending 1/2″ below the mark straight across. (MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE EXTRA FABRIC ALONG THE LINES)
- Turn the shorts inside out and begin to place double stick fusible tape along the line you drew. (repeat this front and back on each short leg)
- Fold in and pin down your edge to create a clean seam.
- Hot iron the seams down to melt the fusible tape into securing the fabric in place. (repeat this front and back on each short leg)
- Turn the shorts right side out. Pin the pom pom trim on the outside of the leg openings.
- Sew in place, either by hand or with a sewing machine.